Homosexuality & The Moral Law, First Part
- The law is not made for a righteous person but for . . . homosexuals . . . and whatever else is contrary to sound teaching. I TIMOTHY 1:9-11
- If a man lies with a male as he lies with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination. LEVITICUS 20:13
There were sodomites in the land, and they did according to all the abominations of the nations which the Lord cast out. I KINGS 14:24
- Were they ashamed because of the abomination they have done? They were not even ashamed at all. JEREMIAH 6:15
- God gave them up to vile passions. The men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust for one another, men with men committing what is shameful and receiving in themselves the penalty of their error which was due. ROMANS 1:26-27
- The crime not to be named sodomy, I pass in a total silence.
- It sodomy, though repugnant to every sentiment of decency and delicacy, is very prevalent in corrupt and debauched countries where the low pleasures of sensuality and luxury have depraved the mind and degraded the appetite below the brutal animal creation.
- Without morals a republic cannot subsist any length of time.
If a candidate is willing to accept, empower, and advance homosexuality, it is a clear indication that he does not embrace the moral absolutes of the Bible.
Historically speaking, Biblically-established rights and wrongs formed the basis of morals and thus of law in the civilized nations of the Western World, and nowhere was this more manifest than in America. Notice some of the many American courts that unabashedly acknowledged this fact:
Where can the purest principles of morality be learned so clearly or so perfectly as from the New Testament?
The morality of the country is deeply engrafted upon Christianity. . . . We are people whose manners . . . and whose morals have been elevated and inspired . . . by means of the Christian religion.
The Christian concept of right and wrong, or right and justice, motivates every rule of equity. It is the guide by which we dissolve domestic frictions and the rule by which all legal controversies are settled.
Christianity has reference to the principles of right and wrong . . . it is the foundation of those morals and manners upon which our society is formed; it is their basis.
The Christian religion is . . . the basis of our morals and the strength of our government.
Today, however, some have begun to reject the Judeo-Christian moral absolutes of the Bible in favor of their own personal preferences – a situation thrice denounced in the Scriptures as “every man doing that which is right in his own eyes” (Deuteronomy 12:8, Judges 17:6, and 21:25). The Supreme Court recently bestowed its blessing on individual preference as the national moral standard in its 2003 Lawrence v. Texas decision ,a decision made before the arrival of the two new Justices, when it struck down Texas’ law banning sodomy – a decision which one of the Justices said “effectively decrees the end of all morals legislation.” He also noted that “state laws against bigamy, same-sex marriage, adult incest, prostitution, masturbation, adultery, fornication, bestiality, and obscenity are likewise. . . . called into question.” By that ruling, if something is sexually consensual, it is constitutional.
Consequently, in North Carolina a federal judge threw out charges against a man arrested for soliciting sodomy in a public park. And certainly, if solicitation of homosexual sex in public is now permissible, so, too, must be the public solicitation of heterosexual sex, for prostitution is definitely consensual.
In Utah, three adults used the Court’s decision in an attempt to obtain a marriage license that would enable the husband to marry an additional wife; after all, since polygamy is consensual and agreed to by all parties involved, that behavior must be constitutional.
In Ohio, an attorney defending his client from prosecution under anti-pornography and anti-obscenity laws similarly asserted that such laws were no longer constitutional, for those who purchase obscene videos to view abominable and societally horrendous sexual acts, including bestiality, human sex with animals, are doing so consensually.